Saturday, April 23, 2011

Not yet.


I was having this usual break while doing my essay and i came across one of my secondary school teacher's FB wall (typical stalker i am! hee :D ) Well if it wasnt for a status of my friend about a sad news of a loss of a teacher (Al-Fatihah) i wouldnt be bother to look and it wouldnt have led me be as mentioned before. So here it goes; friend- the news- need clarification- teacher A- teacher A's wife (yes, the one i'm about to write about in anonymous.)

She made me love the subject though i found it hard to score ( ke aku yang lembab? HAHAHA) At least i had that interest and though i may not be able to remember in details (obviously coz i've left it for years already) but those days of having her as a teacher still somehow lingers in my mind. Motherly, she is, and like such she could be as firm, and strict, and funny, and interesting. Haha. I havent heard of anyone complaining let alone getting bored. Too bad i only had a year with her, been replaced the year after. 

Enough with such background now let's jump into the points. I saw her connecting with her students and of all i saw these huge appreciation showered to her though through comments on status or random wall posts but i dunno somehow it makes me realise the feelings she might have inside. I dont really know, it's kinda cliche maybe- touched by such remembrance by the students. But i dunno why it hits me so much. Owh,  blame the assignments! Now everything is teaching-related. Haha.  

Of course i dont really know how it feels and looks like to be in the real situation. But here is what i believe, how a teacher could remember a student as such and such, so will the students, right? And i know for some reasons i may, someday come across a student/ students with my attitude if not exactly, maybe a resemblance. Karma is quite harsh i know but it's reality we're dealing with now. Mesti adaaa punya lah!  

But anyway, the point is what kind of teacher i'm gonna be? The one leaving the 'urgh i hate her she bla3 me and give bla3 work and bla3. Serious menyampah' feeling among my students or rather, well i dont know how to put it into words. It's not that i really want that kinda favour from the students but just enough to let them interested in what i'm conveying. (mendengar kata dah besar rahmat dah. Haha)  Because among the comments i read, honestly the interest they shown for the subject which really caught my eyes. 

And i remember our trip to Sabah back when we're still in Ipoh. We had this visit to one of the elite schools (La Salle if i'm not mistaken) there and we had the principal (who's in Jusa C grade, been pengetua cemerlang yada yada) gave a speech to us, the teachers-to-be. I wasnt paying attention to those awards, pedagogical methods she said but of course the end of the speech is where i often pay most of my attention to. And that, my friend, wasnt the pay-attention-because-it's- the-end-of-speech moment but the content. As far as i could remember she uttered this in quite a raised voice and i know it's that important;

'It's in your hands. You can make them interested in the subject or hate it for the rest of their life'. 


Hoh! Takut dah lah.


No comments: