Wednesday, April 28, 2010

because language is beautiful

I always write and type and text in short forms. As long as the message is clearly conveyed,that should be okay. But the other side of me hates it, and I loathe seeing those simplified words. Ironic sungguh.


The fact that I am too lazy to do it in complete forms and right spellings does affect me in writing my essay.And I mean it. I remember when I was in F5, I wrote 'u' instead of 'you' in my writing. And I tend to put 'x' for 'no' in both English and BM papers.Luckily the Miss 'spell checker' on Microsoft Word exists that I probably won't have a problem in writing my coursework (especially in spelling,not the points and elaboration though) unless I am blinded by my own carelessness.

I blog-walked yesterday that I found a blog which the author really mesmerised me with her fancy and jaw-dropping language she uses. Most of her entries are so interesting.I wish I could write as flawless as her.She's lots of idea to blog! I think she writes about everything but it doesn't appear to me,at all as if she's writing her diary. And she writes in FULL words. Skema betul.

That's when I came to the idea of writing this entry. There's no harm in using short and simplified words but I just feel that language is just too beautiful on its own. Retain its beauty without replacing aku with 'ak' or 'aq' or day with 'deiiii'. Apetah lagi merojakkan perkataan (membahasamelayukan English or vice versa). No examples here, there're lots on FB. Sometimes it took me ages to read (plus get the meaning of) such words. 


Kalau zaman2 tulis biodata masa sekolah dulu bolehla. Eye-man = aiman (contoh) or mar-lust =malas (contoh lagi). No offense but I feel it's no longer appropriate for adults. Tapi berlambak-lambak aku jumpa dekat FB.



Jom tulis lengkap-lengkap jom!








p/s-English is a funny language; that explains why we park our car on the driveway and drive our car on the parkway.

2 comments:

Nanue said...

hi! me too, am trying my best to write everything in complete. mari!

fadhillahbakren said...

hi tooo...

jom!