Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How they all ended


I've been meaning to blog about all of those things I've been busy with (yess apart from classes and all those never-ending-essays I've had to kill every other week!) I shall start with week 6, where we had our massive 2011 Malaysian Night. We'd been practising since before  winter break. Gila kan?

Us, joget team, or *cough* jojet. haha Last year we did zapin. No, we didnt call ourselves japin. Haha





Dikir, awesome as per usual. This year, they got a Singaporean singer ( check him out here ) and this humble lady, Tharwana, a Bruneian. Yea, we're that muhibah. haha


Sabahan, with their perfect jumpo over the bamboos


*pictures courtesy of Nako and Ain :)


We got modern dance ( with this as one of their songs. Cuteness.), chinese fan dance (so nice, I like ;) ) and Indian dance (hotness exploded!). And the play, too bad I didnt get the chance to watch it, fully. Managed to peep through some scenes but all in all, it went well. But i was less excited than in last year's, maybe it was my second time and I was just too tired of many things happened in between. Nearly gave up, but I knew it wont get me any better, so i repeatedly said to myself, 'just bear with the hiccups'. And it worked!Alhamdulillah. And to top it up, I had them came all the way from Oxford to watch *nangis*






And there's an after party later that night, featuring Monoloque, Altimet and Dj Fuzz ( which  I'm not one of their fans and I had a competition to attend the very next morning.). Rushed to Leeds at 1.30 a.m, I wonder where on earth did I get all the energy from! I slept all the way and woke up to a snowy weather there. No wonder it was freezing cold. Those footprints, they're ours. Pencemar kesucian betul!


Cik Kiah team. LOL

The host performing while the judges were pulling their hair out deciding the winning team. HAHA

So that's it about Nisa Nasyeed Extravaganza 2011. Big thanks for the warm hospitality, felt so touched. We didnt win, but fair enough to say, I got to know some new faces and got myself out of my usual space. (ceh ceh, ayat nak pujuk hati je!Haha)

The following weekend was as well filled; bonding session with the jojets. Haha baru seminggu je babe! It was actually a surprised one for Arif, he had his birthday on the Saturday. So, sekali lah, birthday party cum jojet gathering. My stomach ached, not only with all the food but the endless jokes  from one topic to another. Went all crazy talking about tender makanan, makcik kantin and many more I just couldnt tell, was laughing alone while typing this! @_@

I just thought week 8 would be me slacking off the whole weekend or maybe working on my assignment due the following Thursday (pfft) but it so happened that I had to replace my friend to teach the kids of postgrads'. There're 3 levels of them, Level 1: all the cutey adorable toddlers, level 2: primary school kids, level 3: secondary schoolers. The entire reason is to get them practice Malay language (since some of them were born here) while learning. So i got level three (lepas pulun ber'lat ta li lat' hahaha). And i was given a book; 'Merawat penyakit hati' :O I went all panic thinking what on earth shall I discuss with them, or rather 'teach' them. Terpesong budak ni kang! 

But it turned out not so bad. The 10 of them were all so behaved, and quite eager to share and learn. Quite impressive except for those challenging questions I went all sweating to answer, and I had to translate phrases and words I said in Malay language to English! And there's this boy, proudly claimed himself as a British (puke LOL) he's been watching those Malay movies with English subs. Good la for him, at least he's the effort kan. I found it interesting, though. 

Maybe I want to try deal with toddlers next time since my friend said susah gila. Had to chase them around merely the whole lesson just to get them interested to learn. But I find them cute though in their accent. Confirm natural punya! 

That was how it ended. Two things I shall keep in mind; the post-grads' very lively community and the difference in the way those kids deal with their *cough* teachers ;p I'm out of idea to explain in details but here's what I can conclude, it's rather simple and cliche I guess; you gain respect by giving it ;)

Week 9; we waved good bye to one of our lecturers since he's back to his place in Argentina, dealing with those students and school syllabus there. He was once an education officer (dealing with school syllabus) back in his country.
He kept telling us that he's been disfavoured by his students for some reasons, maybe because of the pile of works he often gave or he's just plain strict. Well, I cant tell. I kinda like the way he maintains the students-teacher relationship no matter how close he'd have been or funny at times, at the end of the day, he could just say 'hey, I'm your teacher and you're my students'. Not so authoritative ,knows where he stands and so does he want the students. 


The weekend was spent in Sheffield, the nasyid competition for guys pulak but the whole point was to meet my old friend from my co-curricular trip to Medan back in 2004. I met her last year, during Notts Games and we met again in Leeds and I said to her I'd come over to visit. So I made it.

She was busy selling some Malaysian food and I dint get the chance to have her be my tour guide around her place, but luckily I had another friend accompanied me. I dint get to see the city though, after been mind-poisoned by her the city isnt that special so off we went to the park and museum for some photos and souvenir hunting. Jadilaaa

Been calling her acik kantin. HAHAHA

I just knew that Siti Sifir (rancangan Along dulu dulu tuh) is studying here. Macam mana la dia sekarang. HAHA

Preggy wifey doing house chores hahahaaa..Orang gaji pun bolleyyy

 Cuteness!

We had our catching up session later that night. Good laugh, good memories we reminisced while I helped her prepared Nasi Ayam for the next day. She's still the same her, the way she talked and her voiceless laugh, so much reminding me of those days during the trip. (will share this later, if got time) 

The actual competition was the following day. (Forgot to mention, it was Sheffiled Games on the Saturday). So our Kerisik Muslim went on as the first performer. Didnt win, but good song though. Tak ada rezeki.



We went back that evening, bye bye Qilot, shall we meet again. 




And bye2 Sheffield, I'm not sure I'd come again (for any reasons). Wallahualam.




So that's about it- how the previous weeks ended. One thing for sure, I'm gonna miss them so mucho! But as much as I find it hard to let the days pass bringing all the moments away, I surely have to open my arms, welcoming more things to come. Good memories, they'll stay if we care enough to keep them in mind. 


So, how're yours? Share la sikit ;)

























2 comments: